Friday, October 31, 2008

Blog Stage Five

Our U.S. Government, Where do I start? It is a mess, I guess if you compare it to other countries we may not have it too bad. Our economy is in dispare and people seem to think that electing a democrat is the answer, I am not saying its not but I think we are way past that. I really think that things have never recovered from 911. First we have the devestation of 911 and then we go to war,bomb them and then help them rebuild? Enough already we need the dollors here in our own country. Our government has spent way too much time and money on this effort, lets bring our troops home and let them start protecting the borders. We could also try to cut back on all of the government assistance we hand out so freely. I realize there are people who truly need the help but there are an equall amount that do not need the help but know how to work the ridiculas system we currently have in place. We have "citizens" that drive nice cars, carry cell phone and have enough jewelry to cover the queen, but we as tax payers pay for their food, glasses, dental and medical care. We are sinking, the U.S. was once admired for their strong, well developed and democratic ways. Now we are becoming a laughing stock. As I said I am not sure that electing a democrat is the answer, guess we will see.

2 comments:

Derrick said...

I would have to agree with you on everything about the U.S. economy being in a recession. And yeah if you compare us to other struggling countries, we aren't so bad but I'm willing to say that this is the lowest the U.S. has ever been and yeah I'm including the Great Depression. This time in day with technology grows faster and faster, nobody can afford to fall behind financially but a lot of us are.

Yes 9/11 may have been the start of this economy downfall and yes we have never recovered since then because right after the attacks we went into war and war costs a lot of money. This country has been struggling both financially and emotionally since we have started this war. Middle class is now lower class and the majority of Americans are under that poverty line.

But I disagree with you on whether or not we should election a Democrat (which has already been done). I believe we need something else because another George Bush (Republican). This country has been under President Bush for the past 8 years and what has he done to help fix the U.S.? Nothing he is still wanting to stay in this war, he would rather bail out these banks than his own fellow Americans, and he gave us one stimulus check which didn't do a darn thing.

I believe this country needs change and a Democrat would be better during this time of need.

Chat Damle said...

Chase, I agree with almost everything you have said. Our government has made a mockery of itself and us in turn by its actions in the past few years. "America,land of the free," is not really a term that I feel applies to our citizens anymore. With the privacy acts passed by the Bush administration and the constant war, have we really been free? Of course we've enjoyed physical freedom, but many have had to endured the captivity of knowing a loved one may be gone and everyone is suffering from the economic crisis. So no one is free from bills or pain or pressure. The only thing we disagree on is I am confidant that a Democrat is the answer for our problems, and specifically Obama. This country is in desperate need of change and there is no one obviously more qualified. I do hope that you will see the eventual good and come on over to our side!