Saturday, December 6, 2008

Blog Seven Assignment

Our U.S. Government is complicated in many ways. Although necessary to a degree I feel that many issues should not be controlled by our government. Abortion is a personal choice there are many different circumstances that may cause some one to make that decision and in my opinion it not the governments business what those reasons are. Second, I was reading a fellow class mates blog about the governments say in gay marriage, again a personal decision and not the place of the government to say yea or ney. I guess my biggest pet peeve about our government is the war. I agreed with it in the beginning because of 911, but enough is enough. Our economy is falling apart we are in a recession yet we continue to pour money into a war that not seem to be doing much more than killing our soldiers. I could see it if we were still under constant threat and maybe we are, the only information we have is what the media is allowed to report which I bet is not near the entire story. As I said before I agree we need some type of government system but I do not agree with the system being involved in what I consider private, personal issues. Bring the troops home and lets start recovering together.

No comments: